10 Things to Do in the Atacama Desert, Chile (part two)

12.19.2012


...And the final thing that you absolutely MUST do in the Atacama Desert is... (view the other 9 things here)


1. SUNSET AT LAKE TEBINQUINCHE - Remember when I said I didn't think there could be a place more beautiful than Iguazu Falls? Well, then I saw THIS... A thin sheet of water left on an evaporated salt lake like an opalescent mylar mirror reflecting all the surfaces and colors around it. And you could walk right onto it! The salt is so concentrated that once the water is gone it's solid as ground. Make sure that in order to see all this amazingness, you go just before sunset and toward the end of their summer season (our winter in the northern hemisphere) when the lake is not full.


Make sure not to get your foot stuck in one of these salty holes, like happened to a guy on the trip, lol.

Peep the moon! This place... a must-see before you die.

(VIEW FULL LIST HERE)


JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK  /  TWITTER  /  BLOGLOVIN'

12 comments:

Shelly { @ Quiet Luxury } said...

I can't get over the simplicity, calm and beauty of these photos. Great shots. I'm in awe.

Quiet Luxury


Rosy (of Raindrops on Rosy) said...

Wow...this looks stunning! I'm jealous. I should tell you how awesome it is that you've pretty much been everywhere but I just cant get over my envy haha.

Maryam Maquillage said...

insane photos!!! this place is definitely on my bucket list now :)

Mish Rendon said...

aww such a nice place! :) that place is gorgeous! <3 Anyway, thanks for dropping by my blog! Followed you! Hope you follow mine as well :)

XO, Mish
PS, Rire GCs International Giveaway on my blog!
Uniqso Circle Lens International Giveaway on my blog! :)

As Seen On TV said...

super cute! thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I love reading all of your posts. My friends told me about you.

Mark Jones said...

Awesome, I love the thoughts thanks.

ContentProz said...

Nice post. Your writing style is very beautiful and you share very useful information.. Thanks for sharing.

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

These pics are awe-inspiring!

Lauren Kilberg said...

Chile, the whole of it, is high on my travel wish list. Great, great list!

Buzz said...

Love it! Kiss, Laura

Farrah said...

You don't know how much I want to go there. You are soo lucky and those pictures are amazing. I'm so jealous.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...